‘Those who lack courage will always find a philosophy to justify it.’ – Albert Camus
There is no pre-scripted story. Stories exist because people exist. People are the subject of the stories.
Since I posted the blog entry Do you ever wonder? I have had people share with me legit life changing stories they have run across in their lifetime. A few of these are too fresh to publicly share and some are in the works to share in the upcoming months.
I find my joy and wonder in the world when I am in the midst of these stories. My body language changes. I listen with intent and hang on to every last detail. More often I am left speechless. Considering people endure these real life situations.
I am teaming up with another photographer friend Andria Lindquist on this project called Inspira(shown). Inspiration shown through photos.
If you are reading this… I need your help.
If you know someone. Or you know somebody who knows somebody else with a story that makes you say WOW! – PLEASE contact me. There are no bad stories or stories that aren’t quite good enough.
Nominate them. Tell me their story, and why they inspire you. From there I will meet them, listen, and have a conversation. Then I will capture their story through photographs and share it here. To honor them. To inspire others out there.
This can be anyone, anywhere. Not just in Seattle. People are living lives all over.
This is my purpose. To find the joy and happiness in others and share it along the journey. I am constantly inspired.
This is FREE. It is not about money.
It is about people’s lives lived with strength and courage. People in your lives you respect and admire. These stories must be told. Our lives are changed by the profound stories we hear and I can’t wait to hear some of yours.
If you know these people or have come across them in your lives, please contact me.
- Nominate them. Please do not tell them so.
- Share their story with me and why they inspire you.
- Include their contact information (email or phone)
Thank you so much if you are reading this and submit someone you know. I am incredibly excited to see how this affects the lives around us. I will respond to each and every one of you within a day or two. I read all submissions.
This will be a monthly project of showing a person’s story. Stories that must be told. Ones that are just too good to not be shared. Things like:
- a miracle baby story. mom & dad finally gave birth to child after years of trying. let’s celebrate their family.
- a story of loss. a sudden illness or complication has struck a family member. let’s share your healing story.
- a girl who was diagnosed with a disease at a young age and had lost hope but is now graduated from college and is a teacher. Let’s go back to school and document this accomplishment!
- a guy who leaped. he followed his dreams and overcame his fear of failure. now is the reining champion in his sport. Let’s document that journey.
- an older couple who radiate love and have been together for 40 years strong. Let’s get out there and capture that miracle story, shall we?
- a person who has been battling cancer and still remains positive living life. Let’s talk and share your secrets of courage.
- a man who gives up his career because he knows his wife wants to pursue her dream as a professional ballerina in NYC. Show me that life and those incredible dreams.
- a lady who has been on the streets since she was 13 now has a job and is completing her master’s in social work. Show me what inspires you and your source of strength.
- a family that travels all the over the US in a van with their two children because they don’t want to be confined to a conventional life. Let’s go out and explore. I would die to photograph your family in your moving home.
There is no prescribed perfect story. Stories in of themselves are what matter. The journey, the everyday, the fight.
* Yes, this image was taken in Seattle. We had a killer sunset a few weeks ago.